Sunday, September 11, 2011

Portraits of very special chickens for Serafina magazine











Serafina is one of my favorite magazines on the newstands in São Paulo nowadays. First, because I love it's design and the way they use photographs - big! Also because the stories are interesting, most of the time original, and often fun (like this one on chickens!). Editor-in-chief Teté Ribeiro knows exactly what she's doing, and she does it so beautifully well.

So I can't tell how excited I was when they asked me to shoot the pictures for a story on chickens as pets a few months ago. The idea was to create sophisticated portraits of super special chickens and their owners. It was my first time shooting chickens actually, and I was a bit nervous about how they would behave in front of the camera. Specially risky because we were taking them out of their natural habitat, bringing them inside, and firing lots of flashes on them, for quite some time! Would they stay still?? The answer is yes!! I found out chickens are well behaved and photogenic models! :) What a fun shoot this was!

No comments: